Video answer: The world's deadliest earthquakes | mega disaster | spark
Top best answers to the question «Which seismic waves are the most destructive»
- Surface waves are the most destructive type of seismic waves. Unlike body waves, which travel mostly through the Earth's crust, surface waves (as the name suggests) travel across the surface of the planet.
- Why are surface waves the most destructive type of earthquake waves?
- Are surface waves more destructive?
- Do surface waves cause the most damage during an earthquake?
- Why are surface waves more destructive than seismic waves?
- Which is the first wave of an earthquake?
- How big are surface waves in an earthquake?
- Which Type of Seismic Wave Is the Most Destructive? Surface waves cause the most damage to things like highways, bridges and buildings. Surface waves are one of four types of seismic waves generated during an earthquake. The four types of seismic waves present during an earthquake are primary waves, secondary waves, Rayleigh waves and Love waves.
Video answer: The formation of earthquakes and seismic waves
1 other answer
The Surface waves (of which there are two - the Love and Rayleigh waves) are the most destructive seismic waves as they have the largest amplitude.Surface waves cause the most damage as they have the largest amplitude of all the seismic waves.S Wave.yhuk